Money-Saving Alternatives to Consider When Renovating your Bathroom
- Category: News & Articles
- Created: Wednesday, 01 November 2017 10:04
Is renovating your home’s bathroom the next project on your list? Before you hire a contractor or begin ripping up tile by yourself, take some time to carefully plan out your design to ensure that it is feasible with your budget. These tips will prevent you from tossing money down the drain during your bathroom remodel:
- Do not move your plumbing. Before you decide to relocate your shower or tub, consider the cost associated with new piping. Ask any interior designer or plumber, and they will tell you that moving your plumbing fixtures is a costly task. Avoid the mess and the stress, and keep your plumbing system where it is. It can save you thousands of dollars that can be utilized elsewhere in your home or saved for a family vacation, your children’s college education or a new vehicle.
- Rather than replace it, simply update it. A significant way to save money on your restroom remodel is to update your toilet rather than replace it entirely. When you pay for a new unit, you will also have to pay for costly installation fees. Replacing the toilet’s seat and lid, and swapping out your old rug with a new one are simple, affordable ways to give your bathroom a more modern look. Also, when it comes to your outdated bathtub, updating it can give you a new look without the mess or costs of ripping it out and replacing it. You can regrout and recaulk the tub yourself with the correct materials and a few hours of labor, or you can hire a professional. Either way, it is fairly inexpensive, and will leave your tub looking squeaky clean and brand new!
- Brighten the place up. Replacing your dated light fixture with a new, modern one will instantly transform the atmosphere of your bathroom. Accent lighting is important as well, so don’t simply stop at your main ceiling light. Also, replace the fixtures above your mirror to create an illuminated space that is functional when your family gets ready in the mornings.
- Don’t overlook the small details. When it comes to updating your bathroom, little changes can make a world of difference. For example, a fresh coat of paint on the walls can brighten the entire room, making it appear more spacious than before. You can then accessorize the room with decorative items that complement the color of the walls, such as towels, wall art, tooth brush and soap holders, etc. Another simple, cost effective upgrade is to replace your shower door or old shower curtain with a curtain that matches your new color scheme. You can also replace the knobs on your cabinets and drawers, as well as replace the faucet on your sink.
Do you need assistance carrying out these budget-friendly design tips? We have a team of talented kitchen and bathroom designers on staff to help you create the bathroom of your dreams at an affordable price. Stop by our showroom today to view our variety of bathroom cabinetry and to get started on your bathroom renovation project!