Insulate for the Impending Icy Weather
- Category: News & Articles
- Created: Wednesday, 25 October 2017 10:31
While it may not feel like it now, winter is looming just around the corner. It is the time that many of us look forward to as it brings family events, holidays and cheer. It is also the time that many of us fear because of increased utility bills, cold drafts and bone-chilling temperatures. Fortunately, we can help you prevent a great deal of that fear, and let you worry about what is important this winter season!
One of the easiest and most effective ways to ensure your home is warm and cozy this winter is updating your insulation. At Fischer Lumber, we offer AttiCat Blown-in Insulation. This service will greatly improve your winter experience. There are numerous benefits to the blown-in insulation method.
- Fill in the spaces. Unlike insulation rolls or batts, blown-in insulation can fill in spaces around and under ceiling joists and into walls. This makes your insulation much more effective in the treacherous terrain of your attic. Rolls and batts leave a great deal of empty space. Empty space allows cold air to easily enter your home.
- Reduce your utility bills. Blown-in insulation is an investment that will not take long to pay off. This process can reduce your utility bills by 15-25% depending on the ineffectiveness of your current insulation. The money you save can be used to pay for the AttiCat Insulation, extra holiday gifts, or you could finally treat yourself to that holiday vacation you have been dreaming of for years!
- Down with the drafts. With the bitter Illinois winter predicted for this year, you will thank yourself for taking care of the drafts in your home now before the temperature drops. Your home should be a retreat of comfort, but that cannot be possible with chilly drafts sneaking into your space. AttiCat Blown-in Insulation removes the vast majority of drafts from your home, thus making it the warm winter retreat it should be for your family.
- Leave it to the professionals. While wielding a hose and aiming wherever you need, insulation may seem easy enough. However, there are very specific practices and standards that must be followed in order to ensure the insulation is effective and lasts for years to come. If done incorrectly, you could be left with mold, drafts, a strained back and a great deal of wasted money. This is why you should hire a professional if you are not comfortable installing the insulation yourself.
- No cleanup. Many expect a major, dusty mess when they utilize blown-in insulation. This could not be further from the case. The insulation has a no-dust formula that prevents a major mess from occurring. The installer easily controls the final destination of the insulation, making the application process very exact and efficient.
With AttiCat Blown-In Insulation, your family and your wallet can rest easy this winter season. Stop by our showroom or call us today at 618-259-7434 to get started on your attic insulation process!