Building an Outdoor Kitchen
- Category: News & Articles
- Created: Tuesday, 20 June 2017 10:31
Kitchens have long been referred to as “the heart of the home”, where meals are made, conversations are had and laughter is shared. However, they are also the place where guests gather and linger during parties, causing your house to quickly become too crowded, too loud and too messy.
Between Fourth of July cookouts and pool parties, summertime is filled of reasons to celebrate. Are you looking to host parties that are fun and functional this summer season? You should consider building an outdoor kitchen. An easy expansion to your home’s outdoor living space, an outdoor kitchen allows you to prepare meals and interact with your guests all at once. Forget the endless running back and forth between the kitchen and backyard for food, drinks and plates. With an outdoor kitchen, you can keep the cool air sealed inside your home and keep messy guests outside.
The design options for your outdoor kitchen are endless, allowing you to truly tailor your kitchen’s features to your family’s budget. No matter what style or look of kitchen you are going for to add to your home’s outdoor space, Fischer Lumber Co. has the basics at an affordable price:
• The lumber. Whether you want your outdoor kitchen to contain an island or bar for cooking or a seating area of benches for guests, we offer a full line of quality lumber including: plywood as well as panels and pressure treated and fire retardant-treated wood. We also supply a wide variety of cedar and treated decking, porch and rail materials.
• The cabinetry. Owners of outdoor kitchens often admit that the biggest benefit is having additional storage space, so that they can easily access plates, silverware and cups in one convenient place rather than having to go inside repeatedly for them. From Holiday Kitchen to Timberlake Cabinets, we offer a vast selection of kitchen cabinetry in various door styles and wood finishes to complete your outdoor oasis.
• The countertops. In our showroom, we have a wide display of countertops available in various stones in surfaces. Offering laminate, solid surface, quartz and granite countertops, you are sure to find that custom look you are going in your outdoor kitchen. Plus, we have a team of professionals with a keen eye for design that can help you find the perfect fit that matches your budget.
• The hardware and tools. You cannot get any project done without the help of hardware and power tools. We offer a variety of choices including BOSCH, Stanley Bostitch Tools, Paslode, Ramset, Stabila levels and Stanley Hardware. You can also visit our tools and hardware co-op, Do-it-Best Corp. the world's largest hardware store online, to view their 70,000 items in stock! You can order directly through the site and receive your purchase via UPS, or ship it for FREE to our East Alton store for pick-up. How easy is that?
To view the latest trends in the kitchen industry and to get started on your outdoor kitchen, stop by our showroom located at 210 N. Shamrock in East Alton, Ill. We are open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. We hope to see you soon!