Winter Home Improvement Projects
- Category: News & Articles
- Created: Sunday, 22 January 2017 10:31
With the cold weather keeping you locked up indoors, the winter season is the perfect time to work on some home improvement projects. Here are five simple winter projects that you can tackle before spring arrives:
• Dress up your staircase. While you may need to rely on the assistance of a professional, updating the hand rail, baluster, treads or newel post of your staircase can result in an impressive update, especially if your stairs are a focal point of your entryway. We carry L.J. Smith stair parts and can help you plan and order materials for your project.
• Update your bathroom. Does your faucet leak? Does your tile need re-grouted? Is it time for a new toilet? Now is the time to do these quick, easy do-it-yourself fixes. If you are feeling extra ambitious and want to replace your outdated sink or bathtub, you might want to consider having a professional help. Visit our showroom to view our wide selection of custom cabinetry, including Bertch Bath.
• Accessorize your kitchen. If you want to give your kitchen an entire new look, consider adding a backsplash or countertop. Installing a backsplash is simple process that can completely change the look of your kitchen. With countless style choices and materials available for countertops, you can give your entire kitchen a fresh new look with new surfaces.
• Winterize. It is not too late to increase your home’s efficiency this winter season. Drafty windows allow cold air to sneak into your home, racking up your monthly heating bill. Do not be afraid to seal or replace your windows simply because it is wintertime. At Fischer Lumber Co., we offer a wide selection of efficient replacement windows from trusted brands like Marvin, Alliance, Tempco and Weather Barr all year long.
Is your attic properly insulated? If not, warm air can easily escape from your home. Insulating your attic with our newest product line, the AttiCat Expanding Blown-In Insulation system, can lower your heating bill by up to 15 percent. Be proactive in protecting your family’s comfort and budget this season; visit our showroom today.
• Basement Remodel. A finished basement is a great addition that increases the functionality of any home. Whether you are looking to build a bar, add a bathroom or create an inviting guest room in your basement, we offer lumber and building materials for every project. Visit our showroom to view our gorgeous cabinetry, various styles of interior doors and countertops.
Our experienced staff will work directly alongside you to help you accomplish your home improvement projects this winter season, so when spring comes, you can truly enjoy it. Visit our showroom or call us today at 618-259-7434!